Wiltshire Autism Hub
The Wiltshire Autism Hub will provide information and support to Autistic adults across Wiltshire. The three-year project (which started in January 2020) is funded by the National Lottery through the National Lottery Community Fund
Our Main areas of support:
- Mentoring – One to one support to navigate life in a neuro-typical world, this can be particularly important at times of transition such as going to university, change of relationships, moving house or starting a job.
- Post-diagnostic support, which will include working with other organisations
- Peer Support –This will be provided by other people with an Autism Spectrum Condition and who have lived experience
- Signposting and information
- Support with claiming benefits, and with challenging benefits decisions
- Autism awareness training for frontline staff and employers – delivered in partnership with autistic people
- Independent Travel training –Support is tailored to the individual and will take the form of one to one support by way of a travel supporter. The travel supporter will accompany the person on the journey of their choice until they become confident.
We can work on skills like planning a journey, road safety, telling the time, using money or a bus pass and help to build confidence.
- Support Groups
If you would like more information about our services or you would like to refer someone for support, please contact our office or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will also be undertaking some research into creating an on-line digital space for local people to share their thoughts and ideas. Would you like to be involved in sharing your views on this?
Page last updated: January 25th, 2020 at 7:55 pm