WSUN Logo

Ensure your Christmas candles burn safely

by admin | 20th December 2011

Ensure your Christmas candles burn safely

WILTSHIRE Fire and Rescue Service has issued a stark warning over candle safety in the run-up to Christmas.

A spokesman for the service said people should take heed of the warning and take simple steps to make sure they are safe.

He said to put your candles on a heat-resistant surface, and be especially careful with night lights and tea lights, which get hot enough to melt plastic – TVs are not fire-resistant objects and tea lights can burn right though the plastic.

 

Please click here to read more.

 

12:57pm Tuesday 20th December 2011 in Local

 

Page last updated: December 20th, 2011 at 9:03 am